Livery or For Hire Insurance (UBER Drivers Insurance, Lyft Drivers Insurance) in Englewood, CO and surrounding areas
Insurance Policies for Rideshare Vehicles
Specific coverage designed for livery vehicle drivers, including Uber and Lyft drivers
If you are driving, you require insurance. If you are driving for a profession, you also need insurance. The types of insurance needed for the various driving professions can get complicated and choosing the right policy is of the utmost importance.
Minimum insurance coverage requirements are regulated by the state and DMV. This is the verbage directly from Uber's website for driver insurance requirements,
"If you choose Uber you'll be driving your own car, which means you'll at least need to have personal auto insurance. Uber maintains industry-leading coverae and $1MM of commercial auto coverage on every rideshare trip with special commercial insurance specifically designed for ridesharing. Here is a quick overview of how insurance with Uber works."
HL Insurance's Livery (For-Hire) Insurance Program Overview
Definitions of Livery
TAXI—For-hire service, not typically pre-arranged. Usually bubbled, lighted, or metered, and sent via dispatch. Defined as TAXI if less than 80 percent of trips are to or from the airport or if not authorized to pick up from the airport or if the airport or the airport authority is not listed as additional insured
AIRPORT TAXI—For-hire service which is used almost exclusively (see hints) to ferry individuals to or from the airport, has an airport as an additional insured, and is not a luxury auto.
BLACK CAR—For-hire transport on a pre-arranged basis utilizing luxury sedans or SUVs.
You may be eligible for discounts:
- If you have Business experience
- If you have General Liability or Business Owners Policy coverage
- If you pay in full
- If you have prior livery insurance
Aspects that might make limit you from purchasing insurance from HL Insurance:
- More than five vehicles
- Vehicles over 15 years old
- Drivers under 25 years old
- Drivers with less than two years of verifiable driving history
- Vehicle garaging, driver’s license, and policy address in different states
- Party buses
- Vehicles with passenger capacity greater than 15
- No regular multiple shifts (more than 12 hours of use in a 24-hour period)
- Wheelchair-equipped vans
- Limousines with stretch longer than 180”
Additional coverages availiable from HL Insurance:
- Drive Other Car
- Roadside Assistance
- Rental Reimbursement
- Hired Auto/Non-Owned/Any Auto (Black Car only—and only if required due to contract)
Ask us about these other coverages.